For those of you who didn’t make it to the Curriculum Evening, or found it a lot to take in, here is the key information from the meeting.
Communications with staff
Please send all emails to email@example.com
it will then be passed on to the most appropriate member of staff, who will aim to reply to you within 2 working days.
The School Day
Gates open at 8.55 and children will be led in at 9.00, please try to ensure they are on time as we start learning as soon as the register is taken.
The school day finishes at 3.30, any children not collected by 3.40 will be taken to the office to be collected from there.
All children should wear full school uniform every day. This includes leggings, trousers or skirts which are plain blue, grey or black.
PE kit should be brought in for children to change into on their PE days.
- 4ST Tuesday and Wednesday (2 hour long sessions)
- 4LB Wednesday (2 one hour sessions)
- 4IM Wednesday (1 hour session) and trainers every other day (15 minute sessions)
Viking day is approaching fast and we would like to ask for donations of any large cardboard boxes you may have. We will be creating shields for the day and need cardboard to make them from. Children will be invited to wear a costume on the day.
How to support your child’s learning at home
- Reading-we recommend short daily sessions of reading of about 15 minutes, this could be you reading one page and then your child reading one page but it is important to hear them read to check their understanding and help them with new vocabulary.
- Spellings-all children should know the statutory spelling words as per the national curriculum by the end of year 4, these can be found here https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/239784/English_Appendix_1_-_Spelling.pdf
- Times tables-we will have short daily tests focusing on different times tables, so that by the end of the year the children are confident with all their times tables from 1-12.
If you have any talents which you would be willing to share with the year group, please let us know. We are always looking for ways to bring the outside world into the classroom and give children experiences they might not normally have. For example, last year we had a parent who worked in virtual reality and the children in year 4 had the chance to try VR headsets.
Finally, just a reminder about the WELCOME BACK BBQ – FRIDAY 14 SEPTEMBER.
The PTA has agreed to dust off the BBQ and sell hot dogs and
cakes in the playground tomorrow after school.
They are appealing for homemade / shop bought cakes for the sale. Please leave any donations at the school office. Thank you for your support.